Fork Union Station
Abandoned train station near Fork Union, VA.
Built in 1908 - closed in 1970, the Fork Union Depot served as a typical small railroad station of its day, prior to the end of World War II, four passenger trains plus freight daily. The railroad line which the Fork Union Depot served was built by the Virginia Air Line Railway, beginning in 1908, to connect the James River Division line of the C&O to the south of Cohasset with the Washington Division line of the C&O to the north.
From Decay and Abandonment